Sunday, May 07, 2006

Not a lot more news yet...

It's been over a week since I updated this blog, and in some ways it feels like months.

This week we will meet with our social worker and our doctor to review the information received in the referral, and then we have to have all our paperwork back to our agency by the end of the week. The referral file arrived on Wednesday of last week, and aside from medical information and a bit of information on the girls' early development, there's not much in it that we didn't already know. The only really new piece of information is that we now know they were abandoned when they were one day old, and have been in foster care since they were about a week old.

DoT* and I are really fortunate to have such wonderful friends. In the last week, lots of folks have come forward with offers of high chairs, car seats, exer-saucers, playpens, etc., etc. And lots of offers to babysit, which I'm sure I will happily take advantage of when we get back into Canada.

* The blogger previously known as 'E's dad' will now be DoT (dad of twins).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been anxiously awaiting an update, so glad you finally got around to it! ;-) Do you have a date for travel? If there is anything I can do while you are away, please let me know. And of course, I am brushing up on my babysitting skills x 2!

Anonymous said...

Any info on the file re more recent size of A&E? Weight/length?
CB and I will be knitting two sweaters each.

K said...

Sorry. We won't get any more info about sizes until we actually get them. Someone suggested I find a growth chart and plot them on it (1.8 kg and 2 kg at birth, and then 6 kg at 6 months) but I'm not sure how accurate that will be.

Anonymous said...

They were so tiny! I've heard/read that the growth charts are more accurate for North American bottle-fed babies. Hey, I'll do the research!