Wednesday, May 30, 2007

So, uh, anybody out there?

I know, it's been a really long time since I've posted, so you've all probably scurried on over to more interesting, and certainly more 'au courant', blogs. What excuse can I use... hmmm.... um.... yeah, okay, so I've got nothing. But to make up for it, I'm going to fill this post up with pictures! Because hey, what's better than pictures?!

First a couple of shots of the girls looking oh so cool in their new shades...

















Then a bunch taken a couple of weeks ago at the Tulip Festival...






As you can see, they had a blast running around with DoT...






Okay, so that's it for tonight. Does that make up for my long absence?

In any case I'm off to Google me some medical diagnoses (always fun). I have a really cool bump moving around under my skin on my left hand. Doesn't cause me any problems, but it does kind of put in mind of horror movies, or the X-files, and I kind of expect to see thousands of little alien bugs come streaming out of my hand at any time now. Well that certainly would give me fodder for my next blog post. :-)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I figured that when it has taken you so long to post, I better comment right away. It's that positive reinforcement theory stuff....of course, as you may have noticed with the girls by now, it doesn't always work for kids, so why would I expect it to work for adults? Because they're more rational?! (I have also learned - much to my dismay - that the theory of "natural consequences" with respect to children is alot of hype.)

The girls look great - really happy. The mother sounds like she has, in fact, been invaded by aliens. I strongly recommend you visit a health practitioner, rather than research these symptoms on the Internet - where you will undoubtedly discover that they are the manifestation of a rare tropical disease, which will continue to create mobile bumps all over your body and probably those of your loved ones as well! The cure will involve smearing your body with honey and burying six, equal-sized pieces of apple in the backyard on a full moon. Better to get to your doctor for some antibiotics!

Take care!

CB

MC said...

OMG! So, so, so, so cute. The girls look adorable with their new shades! I am amazed that you actually managed to convince them to keep them on! Hats off to you!

Thanks for the update! I'll second CB's advice to go to a doctor, because Google is one scary-ass doctor with plenty of worst-case scenarios and not many run-of-the mill issues documented. If it makes you feel any better, I had a small bump on my forearm that moved around a little, my doc wasn't too concerned, and after a few years it just sort of disappeared. The human body is a strange thing...

Anonymous said...

Glad to see the photos!

Ganglion cyst. That's probably what it is. Sometimes called a Bible Bump, because a common 'therapy' was to hit it with a Bible, in order to drain the fluid. No kidding - I had one - but didn't have a huge Bible around. It went away to the doc
anyway, but only after I had seen the doc and she said it would.

Get it checked out anyway.
lb

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you're still in blog-land! Girls look great. Too cool in shades...

No mobile bumps here, just a junior outbreak of chicken pox. Hmmm, guess the chicken pox vaccine isn't fool-proof... but it seems to be keeping the outbreak to a minimum.

Q (T's mom)

jag said...

Yes, we're still out here!! Thanks for the pics - they're great...

If you're looking for more photo ops, why not bring the family to WestFest next weekend? It's all free and apparently they're adding more kid-related stuff this year. If you think you might go, let us know and you'd be welcome to park at our place.

Keep keeping well (mysterious bumps aside :-))!

PAX,

Diana said...

First time leaving a comment. Am glad you're back, pictures are always appreciated especially of such adorableness.

Anonymous said...

LOVE the pics! Probably won't be too long before DoT will no longer be able to keep up with these two...they look pretty quick!

PF

Anonymous said...

LOVE the pics! Probably won't be too long before DoT will no longer be able to keep up with these two...they look pretty quick!

PF