Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Spring is here!

Hi all, the snow is finally gone and weed season has begun! Here are a few photos of the girls and you'll see in the background some shots of our recently finished basement (yay, my main floor no longer looks like the toy aisle in a department store after a Boxing Day sale! Now my basement looks like the toy aisle in a department store after a Boxing Day sale).

Below are the girls after picking them up from daycare last night (usually I need to start the DVD player before I can get them into the van). Last night I showed them how to blow the seeds off a dandelion - A managed to ingest a few before she got the hang of it). When we got home, I found the remnants of the stem in E's mouth, A confirmed she ate hers as well - apparently dandelions are a tasty toy.















The girlies putting their shoes on this morning - notice E's intense focus in getting the job done and A waiting for Daddy to do it.
















A dialing for pizza while shopping with her dolly in the basement.
















E plays "peek-a-boo". Meanwhile note A in the background in the next shot calling Grandma M.
















Thing 1 (A) with bus and Thing 2 (E) with plane















A hides behind her umbrella while rabbit-ear E opens hers. A working in the construction zone.
















E takes a picture of Dad (thankfully she can't post hers - yet).
















A (left) and E enjoy their new flutes a little too much (Ah Tylenol work your magic....)

















The girls in their Sunday dresses (not so easy to get them to sit still for pictures anymore).

















E wearing her lovely robe from Great-Aunts in NB (not so easy getting them both to wear robes at the same time - "no want it" is a phrase I hear a lot these days, usually followed by the flinging of whatever item they "no want" across the room).





















A has also mastered logic at age almost-three. One day at the table she pronounced "I no push E, I no sit naughty chair, I be happy!" If only she took to her own advice. A is a bit of an agitator - if she is bored she will tap E to get something started. E will occasionally start something but mostly it is A. Sounds a bit like my mom and her older sister...

3 comments:

MC said...

OMG, they are so cute!!! I can't believe how much they've grown even since the last time we saw them. And the hair, with the pigtails, so so so cute!

And from what I can see of the shots of the basement, it looks really nice. Is it really all done? You must be thrilled with all the new space!

MC

Unknown said...

Logic!

I overheard a colleague's 8 year-old daughter reason that:

Chocolate comes from beans.
Beans are good for you.
Chocolate is good for you.

The new basement looks great, and the girls do too!

lb

jag said...

Wow - are they ever growing up!! Thanks for the pics... I look forward to seeing the basement - the house has come a long way from that hole-in-the-ground that we'd go check out every now & then. :-)

BTW, I think I hear Prince Caspian calling... I'll be in touch about a possible movie night for big people. :-)

pace e bene,
xox