Sunday, January 25, 2009

Quick update

Hi all,

Since I said in my last post that I would try to update again in the next few days, I figured I'd better. But believe me, this will be short. We're exhausted. :-) Jet lag is really kicking our butts this time around. Probably it was the same thing last time, but time has dulled that memory. Oh, and also, the last time we went straight to a cottage where we had lots of hands helping us out and entertaining the kids. This time we're trying to deal with three of us being jet lagged and two not.

Last night B slept great... from about 9:30 p.m. to around 8:00 a.m. this morning. But unfortunately, I woke up at 3:00 a.m. after only sleeping for about 5 hours. I consider myself fortunate though, since that's about 5 more hours that DoT got. Poor guy. And today, I had a nap at the same time B did, but DoT was up with the girls. Not sure how I successfully argued that I should be the one who got the nap. It probably helped that DoT was suffering from sleep deprivation and just stared at me with glassy eyes when I talked. :-)

So far the three kids seem to be getting along pretty well. They take an interest in each other, but haven't had a lot of interaction yet. B just wanders around the house, following the girls, watching what they're doing, or imitating them.

Tomorrow B has an appointment at the pediatrician. (We haven't yet got him a health card, but hopefully that won't be a problem. I'll try to get it in the next few days, and will call the number into the office then.) He also has several appointments at the Children's Hospital in the coming month, to start looking at his treatment plan for his cleft.

Well, that's it. Wishing you all long, peaceful, slumber-filled nights.

K...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome back and Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Hi. Great to hear news again - also great to hear that the kids are getting along - or at least not `not getting along`. As for the sleep part, you have all my sympathy. Unfortunately for DoT, K can now use the `I have to work in the morning` line to remain warm and cozy under the covers, while DoT staggers from bed to bed placating small children. Clearly K was thinking ahead when they planned the sharing of parental leave! Hope things smooth out a bit soon. Send pictures! (Please)

CB

Playful Platypus said...

So good to see B in church on Sunday! He was smaller than I'd thought - I find pictures often make kids seem bigger than they are!

Happy sleeping.