Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Thanksgiving Update

Greetings DoT here - I couldn't miss out on a rare chance to write something in English (I am entering my 7th month of full-time French training -I will need English training when I am done). This past weekend we travelled to visit Grandma and Grandpa G. It was a busy weekend as you can see below. We had a family Thanksgiving get-together/karaoke party (see photos below).

We also went to see each of our nephews play hockey. The girls found the arena too loud and held their hands over their ears for most of the two games. This despite the fact that they scream like banshees at our house and don't even seem aware that they are doing it. In spite of the noise, they were always excited to see cousin M or J on the ice and A screamed their names when they played a shift. E also told me she wants to be a referee (they watch games with me on tv now, just to see how many referees they can spot - I think they are fascinated by the man in black and white giving "time-outs" to adults for being naughty). I'm not sure how she thinks she can signal the penalties (time-outs) with her hands over her ears, but I'm sure she'll figure something out.

On the way back to Grandma's from one of the games, I managed to run over a speed bump a little too quickly. Mom and E thought this was funny and laughed. This was, however, quickly followed by a grouchy comment from the backseat "Super A is not laffin'!" Apparently superheroes who need to get around in minivans have high expectations of their drivers...

We survived the trip back home (even though Mr. B was a tad edgy from having missed 4 naps this past weekend and didn't want anyone else singing or talking along with Dora in the van).

Last night we had a cake for me (I turned the big 4-0 yesterday). The girls sang Happy Birthday but E then informed me with a pout that she would blow out the candles (we ended up sharing that responsibility).

You'll see below some heartwarming pics of the girls feeding their younger brother - until you realize they are doing it to get rid of the food in their bowls (not big breakfast eaters). If you can't have a dog, you need a younger brother.

Finally tonight the kids were playing at McDonald's Playland and we sat back and watched as the girls helped pull B up each level and then we saw A guiding B onto the big slide so that they could come down together (screaming and laughing) - there may be hope for my kids yet. All in all, a good week with plenty to be thankful for.

Pics below:








































No comments: