Sunday, September 12, 2010

Vacation Part 3

This post has been a long time coming.  We’ve been very busy, and I just haven’t been able to find the time to put up another blog post.  But I didn’t want to miss telling you all about our trip to Centre Island (Toronto), so I’m finally resorting to just a  quick post with a bunch of pictures.

Friends of ours had suggested to us that when we were in Toronto we should check out Centre Island.  And am I ever glad we listened to them.   This place is perfect for kids our kids’ ages.  For weeks after we came back to Ottawa the kids asked when we were going to go to Centre Island again.  We had such a great time.  Here are a few of the (many) pictures we took….

Checking out the view on the ferry ride to the Island.IMG_5038 

B and I riding the chair lift across the Island.  Notice my seemingly happy expression in spite of the fact that I did not enjoy the ride at all.  I’m not a fan of heights, and despite the fact that the chair didn’t look that high up from the ground, when I was up in it, it seemed a lot higher.  B on the other hand loved the ride. 

IMG_5042

As did the girls (A in this picture) and DoT…IMG_5066

Don’t you think every car should have two steering wheels?IMG_5051

  Hey little brother!IMG_5055

Riding the rails. 

IMG_5076

And, of course, there was the always popular merry-go-round.IMG_5079 IMG_5078

Finally, after learning my lesson with the chair lift, I made DoT take all the kids on the Ferris wheel.  First A and B…

IMG_5114

Then E…IMG_5087

I zoomed in for this picture, from at least 20 metres away.  How does she always know when I’m taking a picture, and manage to mess it up at the last moment?…IMG_5090  

Okay, so that’s all I’m going to say (show) about Centre Island.  For anyone out there with kids between 2 and 8-ish, I’d highly recommend it.

Coming soon… a post about what’s happened in Ottawa since we got back.

No comments: