Monday, January 02, 2012

Fall 2011

Okay, so what’s been happening in the last couple of months since I last updated this blog?  Well, here it is, in chronological order…

1.  A visit from Grandma!

IMG_0821

2.  The girls had a school project (for Remembrance Day)… their assignment was to draw a picture of peace.  Here are their masterpieces…


IMG_0833IMG_0834

3.  I went to Winnipeg, Yellowknife and Tulita (NWT).

Here’s a pic of the (little) plane I flew from Yellowknife to Tulita in; and another picture of me in the gear they outfitted me in for the cold, cold weather.  (I felt a bit like a toddler in a snow suit… unable to move.)
IMG_0865
IMG_0863


I have some beautiful pictures of Yellowknife and Tulita, but decided to spare you the 100 or so pictures, since I couldn’t pick just one or two.

4.  Christmas decorating

At the end of November, we set up our Christmas tree.  This year the kids knew exactly what to do and wasted no time getting it all decorated.
IMG_0955

5.  Christmas baking


DSCN7213
DSCN7217DSCN7218
IMG_0974IMG_0975IMG_0982

6.  Christmas performances

Then came the Christmas season with all the associated parties and performances.  This year all three of my kids were “angels” in the church’s annual Sunday School Christmas Program.  Here is a picture of my three angels before leaving home for the program (sans wings)…
DSCN7219
Here they are at the performance with their wings (prior to the fight breaking out… I wish I was kidding)…
DSCN7229
And here is a picture of the start of the brawl…
DSCN7227
The kids also had a Christmas pageant at their school.  I didn’t get any good pictures during their performances (I wasn’t close enough and the lighting wasn’t great), but here’s a picture of B in his hat (he made it himself!)..
DSCN7257
Then came the big day!  I’ll do a blog post for Christmas soon (hopefully later today).  Stay tuned.


K….

No comments: