Sunday, January 07, 2007

Don't they look nice?

So, here we are, Sunday afternoon and I'm feeling like I should put up a blog entry before heading back to work for another week. During this past week, I must have said a dozen times "I'm going to write a blog about that." Unfortunately, most of the time I was alone and said it only to myself. And now as I sit here trying to think of something to say, I can't remember a single topic. I have a horrible memory. Before we received our referral, and during the first few months after getting back from China, I blamed sleep deprivation and/or "baby brain". But now, six months later, I think these excuses are starting to lack credibility. So, I'm just going to admit it. My memory sucks. As Annie Proulx would say... if you can't fix it, you've just gotta stand it. Or something like that.

For Christmas, my brother and sister-in-law, who live in Beijing, sent us two lovely Chinese silk dresses for A and E. As you may remember, when we were in China, we bought two dresses for them but we bought them so they'd fit in a few years. I've always kind of regretted not buying a few dresses in different sizes. So, now, thanks to J and L, we have dresses that fit them right now. I tried to get a good picture of them in the dresses, but both of them were in a bit of a cranky mood and I didn't get a great picture. But here's one that's not too bad...
















I also took a couple of pictures with DoT and I, in an effort to get them both smiling. As the photos below show, I was still not all that successful....





















We are all starting to settle back into a routine after obliterating any semblance of routine during our Christmas holidays. As much as I usually hate the January, post-Christmas period, it is nice to be back home and into some degree of normalcy. Or at least as normal as things get around here. :-)


My work is looking like it's going to be really, really busy between now and the end of March, but hopefully I can limit the amount of overtime I need to put in to get everything done. I'm already behind, though, in projects that are just starting up. When I was in university that wouldn't have bothered me since I used to count overnight hours as time still remaining to meeting a deadline, and as long as I could put in a couple of 20 hour days it was fine. I'm older now though, and my body just doesn't function anymore on a few hours of sleep. Believe me, I know. I'd like one of my New Year's resolutions to be that I will get at least 8 hours of sleep every night, but unfortunately I don't have as much control over that as I might like. And not because of my work. The girls continue to sleep great just as long as they sleep with DoT or I. :-0

Well, that's it for now. Have a great week. Maybe DoT will update the blog this week. Yeah, right, who am I kidding. Talk to you again next weekend. K...

P.S. Spring has arrived here in Ottawa. Today was a gorgeous day and I've now decided that we've skipped winter all together. Yeah!

P.P.S. Today E walked across a room to me. Probably 8 or 9 steps in total.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

cmHi. Good pictures of the girls with their dresses from China. A. does not look impressed, but E doesn't seem to think it's all that bad.Well, they say it's a good thing to have a mind of their own, and that they do. Enjoy !!! meg

Anonymous said...

Adorable! And there looks to be lots of wiggle room in there so the dresses should still fit for Lunar New Year festivities!

p.s. I too regret not having bought more

MJ

Anonymous said...

hi to all hope you get this .The girls look sweet in there dresses and pants on their heads.lol ak