Saturday, January 20, 2007

Winter's here

Well, I should have known. After I said, in my last post, that spring had arrived in Ottawa, winter has now entrenched itself and we are getting more seasonal temperatures. We have about 15 to 20 centimetres of snow, I'm guessing, and the temperatures have definitely been colder lately. That's good news for Winterlude, but I'm not that thrilled by it. Earlier this week we were going to be outside with the girls a bit, so I decided we would put on some tights underneath their leggings to keep them a bit warmer. We received lots of tights as Christmas gifts this year. Well, the picture to the left shows you three pairs of tights that we received -- all of which were size "6 to 18 months". That's quite a difference. The pair on the far right I think could have fit me with a bit of stretching. :-)

The girls had another doctor's appointment this week, for a check-up and more shots. They now weigh in at 20 lbs, 2 oz (E) and 22 lbs, 4 oz (A). We talked a bit about their development, but I think I'll have more info on that this week after we go to the International Adoption Clinic for their third visit. The visit with the social worker was also supposed to happen this week, but has been rescheduled for this coming Wednesday.

I don't really have much to tell you, but I know that you really come here for the pictures anyhow, so I've got a couple more for you. The one on the right was taken by DoT in their room. We bought this table and chairs for them at a garage sale this summer. They don't sit at it often, but occasionally they'll sit down (or actually DoT sits them down) and they 'read' at the table.

I also have a video for you (or at least for all of you who can see videos on this blog). I'm entitling this one "Mary Shelley's - 'The Next Generation".

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hilarious video!

(and I can view it on HC's system!)

I see the girls are getting more hair - pretty soon they'll be in pigtails!

lb

Anonymous said...

Love it! And hey, that's way better than before Christmas, when 4 or 5 steps was the order of the day...

So when do they start skating lessons?

Q (T's mom)

Anonymous said...

I still think DoT should be called Mr. Mom :o))

Video and pics looks great


Mr. T

Anonymous said...

Thank you for linking to my blog! Your girls are adorable, and I love the Frankenstein walk.