Thursday, April 12, 2007

Daycare update

Hi all,

Just thought I'd give a quick update to let everyone know that we have now found a caregiver for when DoT goes back to work in a week. So we can all take a collective sigh of relief.

When we first started looking for a caregiver, a colleague of DoT's had mentioned the woman who had looked after her kids, and who she thought was fantastic -- but she only worked 4 days per week. Since that didn't work for us, we kept looking. However, the fiasco of the last few weeks with our expected caregiver, plus a bit of desperation on our part, resulted in DoT phoning her on Tuesday of this week. Well it turns out that she has two spots available right away and, get this, she is starting to take kids 5 days per week. So, we met with her yesterday and we both had a really good feeling with her. And the girls took to her quite well right away. So, tomorrow we will be meeting with her to sign a contract and then next week DoT will start the integration process. Hopefully everything will go smoothly. There is a 6-week trial period to make sure the kids settle in well and there are no issues, and then we're in for sure. So, it's all fallen into place. What a huge relief!

That's it for tonight. Just thought I'd give a quick update because I knew a lot of you would be wondering.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Glad to hear that the daycare is settled.

I've started painting again and I wasn't sure that E and A would actually get any paint on the walls if they stayed with me. Although it might have given them a creative outlet!!!

Anonymous said...

Good to hear everything is working out for you guys. Now it's just getting the girls settled into a new routine, and that will happen easily too. Posted at 11:23 a.m., Why were you not sleeping? (doesn't this just sound like a mother?) Yup!

Anonymous said...

Good to hear everything is working out for you guys. Now it's just getting the girls settled into a new routine, and that will happen easily too. Posted at 11:23 a.m., Why were you not sleeping? (doesn't this just sound like a mother?) Yup!

Anonymous said...

I can hardly imagine the sense of relief you are feeling right now. I hope the transition goes well for all of you. I am sure the girls will adapt easily.
Congratulations!
PF

Anonymous said...

Just in the nick of time! And she sounds wonderful too! OK, I know I just told you this in person at work, but I know you like to see people leave comments!

PS, prepare yourself for the crying - turning around and actually leaving them there is excruciating,,,,for us more than it is for them!

MJ:o)

K said...

Ha ha, MJ! I know leaving them with a caregiver would be excruciating... which is why I won't be doing it. DoT gets that job. :-)

And, yeah, thanks for leaving the comment. I do like getting them!

Our Journey to Jenna Maria said...

I've been keeping up with your blog and am glad to hear all is straightened away in the daycare front. What a sense of relief you must feel. Here's hoping everything turns out great for their first day!