Thursday, September 20, 2007

Summer is Over!

Sorry about the length of time between posts, but we've had a busy summer and somehow there just never seemed to be time to blog. Here are some of our summer moments....


E and A having a good laugh, while holding hands on the steps.








Up and down the slide at one of our many summer parties (we're such party girls - or social climbers).






Our first camping experience (okay, so it was indoors). I think I saw a bear in the tent!






Dad was right - raspberries must have some purpose











Practicing early for Halloween...











Hands in my pockets, Hands in my pockets, Hands in my pockets.....







These new bunkbeds are great!












And finally, a video of A counting. You'll notice she has a bit of trouble after 14. :-)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

SOOO sweet! Thanks Kathy.

K said...

Ha! I LOVE it. I guess the consequences of DoT never posting is that when he finally does, I get credit for it. Hee hee.

It was actually DoT that posted this blog entry, but thanks for crediting me for it.

K...

Anonymous said...

Patience pays off. Thanks for the update!!! Go for it, A, keep those numbers coming...

Q

Unknown said...

Thanks whoever did this!

Today - numbers; tomorrow - the ABC's.

lb

Anonymous said...

Hope you are having a great thanksgiving.

Playful Platypus said...

Hi K,

Just read your defence of CIC on my blog. (Nobody commented for so long I had almost stopped looking for comments on past posts!)

Actually, I'm not really upset at CIC. I know, too, how under-staffed and over-worked they are (privileged info from my new job!!!). In the wider context of most Family Class visas being processed in 6 months, getting ours within 2-3 months of the time they start working on the file is very good. And I've actually defended CIC on the Ethiopia adoption boards for that reason.

But it still seems that there is inconsistency... as in one family had their daughter's medical form sent to Addis just one week after the file started being processed, and most of the rest of us are still waiting to hear about medicals 6 weeks after processing started.

On the other hand, that particular family is adopting twins, and only ONE of their girls' medicals was sent and they're still waitingf for the other, so in essence they're in the same boat as everyone else, but more frustrated b/c why wouldn't CIC send BOTH kids' medical forms at the same time???

Just hope that the implementation of Bill C-14 DOES end up saving everyone time and paperwork, including CIC who won't have to process those 1000 or so adoption visas every year!

Q (T's mom)