Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Post-Family Day Update

Hello all. You can tell by the existence of this blog that I lived to tell the tale that was Family Day (I know a few of you were wondering if I would - K being one of them). For those of you not living in Ontario, many people get this day off but we federal workers don't, so I had the three kids yesterday. Things went pretty well, with only a few minor skirmishes to report.



The pics from yesterday are below and show the fort, the helmets and the pillow sliding. The other pics and our rowing video are from others days. We also put a bunch of chairs together and played flying to China (I wasn't allowed to be the pilot or co-pilot).



B had his first two needles today and handled it pretty well. He stopped crying within a minute or so. The doctor will wait until B has had his visit to the International Adoption Clinic and associated blood-work to know what other needles he needs. They will be able to tell what things he is already immune to, which may avoid a few needles. He also had his first completely solo bath today and again - no crying. He even laughs when he splashes water in his own face. He had great fun today offering me Cheerios and then snatching them away at the last second. He doesn't know how attached I am to food, he may want to re-think that one before he gets bitten.


B "repairing" our plant stand. I'm glad he knows what hammers are for, because although he doesn't know it yet, he's going to be repairing all the numerous damages he causes over the next 15 years...







The girls busy cashiering (don't worry - they also play with the drill/hammer set, probably more than B does).





Hanging out in the tent





Everybody out - I think I saw a skunk in there!






Not sure exactly what sport this is, although I know grocery shopping can be rough at times.





Pillow sliding (believe it or not, not sanctioned by dad - don't know where they came up with this one).



Rowing to buy some new socks across the river - from a Robert Munsch book.




4 comments:

Kohji said...

Hey guys - looks like everyone is settling in nicely!

So our travel group get-together will happen in March (either March 7 or 28). However, it turns out no one has an active email address for you guys - can you send it along to kohji@ncf.ca?

Thanks.

-Kohji

Anonymous said...

Hey, now we're getting spoiled with the number of blogs! It's great! Following Family Day, don't you wonder how those day care providers manage it all. And what about our own mothers who stayed at home, looked after all the kids AND did all the cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc. at the same time!? It makes the paid workplace look pretty relaxing.

CB

I do think I'm going to send my kids to your place the next Family Day - you guys have lots of fun!

jag said...

Loving the pics and the stories! Somehow I'm thinking your home is a little more chaotic than when we lived there for a few weeks in 2000. :-)

Keep 'em coming!
xox

Anonymous said...

Geez,,,,I should`ve dropped my three off at your place too!

MJ