Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Mid March Update

It feels like Spring is here at last! I have been asked what words B is speaking so far, so here are the ones I know of (sorry but I can’t identify any Mandarin ones he may be using):

Daddy (used interchangeably for either parent)
Up (so far not really used in context – he just puts his arms out and whines to get picked up. He also catapults himself off a stair at you if you are below him)
Hi
Bye

Thank you (he can’t pronounce it right but uses it at the right times)
Yeah (doesn’t bother with “yes”)
Naaa! (his “no”, he gets lots of that from Daddy and his sisters so he is getting quite used to it)

The girls have a few cute phrases I should note before I forget them:

Here is it! (here it is)
Cocadotties (polkadots)
Elewhips (used to say that for elephant but haven’t in a while)
What you laughin about?
Day-Gee-Oh (for Diego of “Dora the Explorer” fame)

There are probably more and if I remember them I’ll add them to a later entry.

I have learned you shouldn’t ask children rhetorical questions. Yesterday as I was struggling to loosen E’s seatbelt, I asked her why it was so tight. Her unexpected answer was “because you drive so fast daddy”.



Below are a few photos from the last week or so. B has actually taken a slight interest in books which is a step up from his previous state where he would just try to shut the book on you and escape.



E pauses from her busy schedule for a photo op






A makes me wear one of these "helmets" too sometimes.







I want my own car Dad






There must be a musical toy in here somewhere...








Peekaboo!





A new sport - Chair Diving



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! As usual, it looks like your house is lots of fun. I would like a picture with DoT wearing the "helmet"... Are you enjoying your last few weeks of "freedom"?

CB