Tuesday, February 02, 2010

We're back

For those of you who think, based on the title of this post, that we are just returning from a fun-filled vacation in the sunny south, think again.  What we are back from is a week of sick kids, and a lost Internet connection.  But no need to dwell on that... we survived both and are back in the land of the living and the connected.  :-)

So the big news these days is that after 9.5 months of full-time French language training, DoT took his oral interaction test last week and passed!  He is now back to his regular day job, and couldn't be happier.  Yesterday was his first day back to his regular job, and then today I found out that I've been approved to go on full-time language training.  What are the odds?  Unlike DoT though, I will be leaving my post for only about 8 weeks.  And I have to clear my desk of the seventy billion projects I have on the go before I leave, so I won't be going on training until at least May.  I think I will enjoy language training in the summer months. 

Good news for those of you who like winter about as much as I do... A announced today that she couldn't see her shadow so spring is coming soon.  Never mind that she was standing outside this evening, in the dark, while looking for her shadow.  Good thing she didn't take a couple of steps backwards where the light cast from our lamp post would have hit her. :-)

DoT is away today and tomorrow at a management retreat for his work, so that makes me a single mom for a couple of days.  I don't know how people do it.  Thank goodness it's only for a couple of days. 

Well, that's it for tonight.  Happy Gound Hog Day!  Pictures next post... I promise.

K...

No comments: