Saturday, April 22, 2006

I'll take "referral date" for 1000, Alex.

All the talk this week, on the adoption blogs I check (several times a day!), has been about referrals -- what dates will be included and when will they come. Well, I'm no longer in the business of predictions. For the past three months anytime anyone asked (and let me tell you, I get the question at least 3 or 4 times a day) I would say we expected our referral at the end of the month. And we did. Every month. You'd think we'd learn.

So this month, I'm refusing to guess. Oh, I know... we should get our referral this month. But, we should have gotten our referral in February. And then in March. But fate, or China, or whoever, seems to be messing with me, and I'm not falling for it this month. So, if you are thinking about asking me if we have any news, don't. Or if you must, at least don't be surprised when I either a) snap your head off, or b) tell you we'll have our referral sometime between this week and Christmas of 2008.

This week I came across a site selling t-shirts and magnets and pins that said "No, still waiting. No, no news. YES, make it a double!" I think I'll adopt this as my personal mantra. At the very least, if I take to wearing the t-shirt or pin, it might cut down on The Question.

1 comment:

K said...

When did you say our daughter is coming?