Monday, November 06, 2006

Girls on the move...

So, A is now crawling without too much fanfare. It took her awhile to realize that she was going to have to do it, but now she willingly crawls to whatever toy she wants at the moment -- which usually is whatever toy is in E's hand. Boy, or boy, can I see some epic battles coming over toys when they both get a bit stronger. Both of them will readily snatch a toy away from the other. For now, they're too young to understand about sharing, but it's not a huge problem because we can typically distract one of them with something else. But, as their attention spans get longer, it's gonna be a problem. Oh yes, I see it coming. If only they had dispositions like their mother... kind, considerate, always giving. :-)

So, I do have a video of "the great race" -- A is walking with the help of DoT, and E is racing along beside crawling. The problem is that I seem to be technically incompetent when it comes to video recording or putting video on the web. For some reason when I finalize the CD in the video camera (to make it able to play on other things -- like a computer), all of the various videos on the CD are merged into one video. And it's too big to put on the blog. My computer does have a video editing software on it, but of course it doesn't seem to recognize the file type that the video camera has saved the file as. So, unless someone out there can provide some technical help on Sony Camcorders I'm afraid you're not going to get to see the video. Unless I decide to sacrifice a 30 minute CD, and tape the 10 second race again on a blank CD and then finalize it, even though there is still another 29 minutes of blank space on the CD. Oh who am I kidding... you know I'll do it. I'm just such a giver. (See above.) Expect the video next week, maybe.

Naptime and bedtime are becoming battlegrounds as well. Both E and A now like to stand up in their cribs, and it's almost impossible to get them both to lay down long enough to go to sleep. And if I can get one of them to lay down and almost drop off to sleep, that seems to be the time when the other decides it's time to start bouncing up and down in her crib and making lots of noise -- what with the crib creaking and her celebratory shrieking and laughing. Aargh. It's not too bad when both DoT and I are home at night and one of us can take each of the girls and get her to sleep. But when it's naptime, or when only one of us is home at bedtime, it's a bit of a challenge.

Well, I think I better end here. I hear noises coming from the nursery, so I think naptime is about to end. Have a good week all. And do feel free to add a comment with your suggestions on how to overcome my video problems or how to get two 16 month-olds to lay down like little angels, close their eyes, and go to sleep on command. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have some good news and some bad news for you. The good news is that you're not technically incompetent. The bad news is that there is no readily available way to edit video that's been recorded to DVD. Which is the sole reason why we bought the camera with the annoying little tapes (not that that's done me any good, I haven't downloaded any of it to the computer yet...).

Basically, because the video is recorded in DVD format, there's no commercially available software that can edit it, or even copy it. This is to protect copyrights on DVD movies.

Time to stock up on blank DVDs :) Or maybe put in an order to Santa!

Sorry, no suggestions for getting the two little angels to sleep. I've only ever had to deal with one at a time, and even that can be daunting!