Thursday, December 07, 2006

Progress report

So, here we are nearing the end of the week and I thought I'd give you an update on how I'm doing on my list (see previous post). So far the number of tasks I've finished are .... none, zero, nil, nadda, zip, zilch,... you get the idea.

I have purchased a couple more Christmas gifts, but I'm certainly not done my shopping. And I've got the tree up, but only partially decorated. Today was going to be the day -- the day I got so much stuff done -- since I didn't have any playdates or anything else I had to do. But, the girls have had other ideas. First E pulled one of the needles out of the sock I'm knitting (she's done this before). Then, as I carefully tried to pick the stitches back up without losing any of them, she tipped over a plant stand that held a giant african violet. And of course this particular plant was in a self-watering pot. Which means that unlike the other plants in our house which are typically bone dry, this one had nice wet soil... which ended up all over my beige carpet which, incidentally, I just had cleaned about a month ago. Great.

Then, in what I can only assume was E's attempt to redeem herself from her early behaviour, she took a couple of steps today. Yup, that's right. Just when I'm ready to pull my hair out, she throws me a bone. She's trying to walk. So, of course, I spent most of the rest of the morning trying to capture this on video. I have got a video, but it's not great -- too much light and I wasn't at a good angle. If I can, I'll try to get a better one this afternoon (if she decides to try it again) and will put it on the blog.

Well, the girls have just now, finally, gone down for their naps, so I figure I have about 90 minutes to accomplish about 8 things. So I've gotta go. Blog ya later.

K...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi. Sounds like you have had quit a day. Oh, how I remember those by gone days! Hang in there, they only get worse, oops, I mean better. See you on the weekend. K mom.