Friday, December 22, 2006

A quick update

Hi all,

Just a quick note to let you know we are heading to NB tomorrow morning, for Christmas holidays, so I'm not sure if we'll have time to update the blog over the next week or so. (Although it's not like DoT has been updating it anyhow!) Maybe. DoT's mom has a computer so I may try to sit down at it sometime and give you an update. We'll see.

DoT seems to be managing being a stay-at-home dad. The first week that I was back to work I would come home and supper would be waiting for me. It was great. But, like many people predicted, that didn't really last. But who knows, maybe it will be a New Years resolution. :-)

DoT is doing great with the girls, though. I don't think they miss me at all. :-( At least they don't let on like it.

DoT took them swimming for the first time this week. A friend of ours has a pool in his apartment building, so he and DoT each took a twin and hit the water. Apparently, A took to it quite well. She was laughing and playing in the water. E was a bit more hesitant (as she is with all things), but by the end was smiling and splashing a bit. We've packed our bathing suits for our trip and may try to get to the pool in the hotel we're staying in tonight. We'll see. We have a fairly early flight tomorrow morning, so we might be turning in early and won't have time for a swim. Wish I could have been there to see the first pool experience, but it just didn't work out to do it in an evening. Oh well, I'm sure it's the first of many "firsts" I'll be missing. How's that for Christmas cheer. :-)

Well, gotta run. I'm updating this blog during my break at work, and I really need to get back to work. Lots to do before I get out of here today.

Merry Christmas all!

K...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kathy, thanks for the update! Have a wonderful holiday, and give the girls (oh, and Chris too)a hug for me.

lb