Monday, October 23, 2006

Another trip to the doctor

So we were in to the pediatrician again this morning (A was there last week, because she was sick), for another set of shots. Two more needles, and the girls handled them pretty well. A few tears, but they stopped pretty quickly. And so far they don't seem to be having any reactions to the needles.

Of course, I forgot to write down the height and weight of them, but they may be the same height now. The reason I say "may" is because it's pretty hard to get an accurate measurement on squirming babies. But the nurse said they were the same height. I just don't know what it is. :-) They are now two pounds apart in the weight. A is about 20 lbs, 8 oz (I say about because we tried to weigh her three times and she fought it so much that we got three different weights) and E is 18 lbs, 7 oz. A has lost weight since she was there a month ago, but that's what happens when you stop eating for five days. Or so I'm told. I've never done it myself. A's left her fever and sore throat behind though, and is now eating again like the little sumo wrestler we know she is.

I didn't think I had any new pictures for you today, but then I downloaded the photos off of our camera, and I do have a couple...

This is a picture of two beautiful "scarfghans" which we were given when the girls were dedicated at our church. They are called "scarfghans" because they are five scarves which were knit by a wonderful lady at our church who is over 90 years old and then crocheted together into afghans by another woman in the church. They came with a lovely note about them being provided in an effort to unite the different generations within the church. Anyhow, I think they're just great. The photo doesn't really do them justice.

And these two, I think, show how enthusiastically the girls are embracing their new Mennonite heritage...



Well, that's it for today. Have a great week, everyone!

3 comments:

MC said...

I hope you never get tired of hearing this (we certainly never get tired of seeing the pictures), but the girls are looking so darn adorable! I can tell A's cheeks are slightly less chubby than they used to be, but I am sure she's about to make up for lost time :) And E is looking more and more happy-go-lucky in every picture.

Keep 'em coming!

MC

K said...

Yeah, except that these pictures were taken before A got sick, so her cheeks shouldn't be any less chubby here. :-)

They're really starting to "talk" up a storm these days. And they love to walk around with our help. Our backs are aching a lot these days from bending over to help them walk.

MC said...

Cool! Walking and talking! And times two, no less :) Very exciting! Soon enough they'll be asking for your car keys and walking out the door to go "hang out" at the mall :)

MC