Monday, October 16, 2006

Okay, now I see the resemblance...

My brother sent me some photos today that he took when we were all in southern Ontario. Good thing other people keep taking pictures of our girls. If you had to rely on us -- their parents -- you'd be seriously deprived. I blame it on the fact that we have two kids now. Don't all parents take less photos once they get to the second kid? When looking through the photo albums at my parents place, you'll notice a whole lot of pictures of my older brother (the first child), and a lot less of me (the second child). So, since we're now at the second child stage, we naturally are taking less pictures. Yeah, that's my story, and I'm sticking to it. (I also have a younger sister. Don't even get me started on my middle-child tales of woe.)

Anyhow, my brother sent me some great photos today, and I particularly liked this one...

Although most people that we know have trouble telling the girls apart, I've never thought E and A look that much alike. E's always been smaller, but even aside from that I thought they looked different. Well, in this photo, E is a bit closer to the camera than A is, so the photo makes her head look, relatively, a bit bigger and A's a bit smaller. And, boy, now I can see what everyone else sees. These two do look a lot alike.

A hasn't been eating much the last couple of days (she's not feeling too well) so maybe E's going to catch up to her in weight and then we're going to have to give them tattoos to tell them apart.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are those molars in see in those mouths? They haven't wasted anytime popping teeth have they?

Love the photo. They really do look a lot alike.

SP

MC said...

What a great picture. Definitely the strongest resemblence I've seen so far. But it looks like E's face is filling in, she's looking a bit rounder, and smilier too (also a tad mischievous!). And I can tell the hair is getting longer!!

Thanks for posting it!

MC

Anonymous said...

Great pic! They are certainely adorable. True about the pics thing. Although being the last of five, I think my older siblings will say the pendulum eventually swings the other way with the absolute "last baby" in the family! So does this mean your planning on 4? :0)

MJ

K said...

SP -- yup molars. E's had three molars for about a month now. A has two.

MC -- yup, E's getting bigger. But then so is A. She's turning into a real tubbo. :-)

MJ -- you almost made me spay coffee all over my keyboard. No! Definitely not four! In fact, the way things are going these days, I'm wondering if I can send one back. Just kidding. A's been sick for the last three or four days and is just not in a happy place. And she's pretty clingy, which makes E clingy too.

Anonymous said...

Hi K&C,

I've almost always been able to tell them apart in the pics you've posted, when they're together. Only when I see them separately do I get confused. But in this picture, I got it wrong! I agree with mc that E's face is filling in... in addition to her face being closer to the camera, making it look bigger yet.

Oh, the second child thing. My parents' photo albums had about a thousand pictures of my older brother's first year, and about three of me between birth and age one...

Come on, 4 would be loads of fun!!! Just wait a few years to do it... when these girls head off to school, you'll have your first empty next pangs...

Q