Saturday, August 01, 2009

Vacation and more

Hi again all,

I am writing this post from a lawn chair in my backyard, refreshment in hand (or at least sitting within arm's reach). You may have noticed that a lot of time has passed since my last post. Part of the reason for that has been that we've been really busy. But a big part of it has also been that our home computer has been acting up making it practically impossible to send email, yet alone update the blog. Well, yesterday DoT and I (and all three kids! yikes) went out and bought a new laptop, and wireless router. So now I'm testing it out with a new post. So far I'm loving it.

So, last week we headed to a cottage on lake Huron for our annual cottage week in Grand Bend with my family. It was great again this year, in spite of the less than stellar weather. Here are just a few of the hundreds of pictures I took...

Here are DoT, A and B on one of the many, many trips DoT took to the edge of the water to get buckets of water for the kids, for their sand castles...

IMG_3282

A and E at the beach (we were there most sunny mornings)...

IMG_3266

IMG_3253

B and cousin M sharing a laugh...

IMG_3288

B and DoT just relaxing at the beach...

IMG_3247

A and E at the campfire (we had a campfire and roasted marshmallows every night (with the occasional smore and banana boat thrown in for good measure)...

IMG_3225

Finally, here's a shot of all the cousins. I'm not sure why but none of my kids seem to be able to wear a coat or sweatshirt with a hood and not wear the hood at all times. Anyhow, the kids sure are growing up...

IMG_3333

Since getting back from vacation, I've had a friend visiting from southern Ontario. I also hired a high school student for a few days this week so my friend and I could get out and do some touristy things. It's been a nice relaxed week. That all ends tomorrow. Two more weeks until the girls' daycare starts up again.

Tonight DoT and I are planning to meet a couple of old friends for dinner and a movie. We haven't done that in ages. I've been really looking forward to it, which explains why last night A started with a fever again. So far she hasn't seemed too bad and we're still hoping to go. But we'll see. Hopefully we can get through this fever without a seizure and then that will be two in a row. Wouldn't that be nice?

Well, I'll end here. Hope you are all enjoying your summer. And here's hoping the weather in August is better than it has been this summer so far.

K...

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Hi there! Great to see a new blog. I've been meaning to write to complain! :)

The family looks wonderful - happy and healthy. To look at your pictures, you'd think we've been having a warm, sunny summer! Like you, I'm hoping that August will make up for it - so far, so good!

Hope to see you for lunch this week -

C