Friday, July 07, 2006

A quick update

Okay, this is going to be a short post. We just arrived back in Beijing. Our flight from Nanchang was delayed by one hour, but of course we didn't know that until we were sitting in a boiling airport, that had no air conditioning and we had checked all our luggage including strollers. So we were all a bit cranky before we ever got on the plane. However, we made it. A slept about 45 minutes of the (1 hour and 45 minute) flight. E was awake the whole time. They handled it pretty well. However, I'm dreading the 13 hour flight back to Canada.

Tomorrow we do more paperwork in the morning, and then our afternoon is free I think. Maybe we'll try to do a bit of shopping. Tonight when we landed in Beijing (at 9:30ish) the temperature was 29 degrees, but it felt downright cool compared to Nanchang. I think I'm going to be much more inclined to get out and take in the local scene here than I was in Nanchang.

So, we took a photo of DoT, E, A and I today since a number of you were looking for a photo of the four of us. But it was taken in the Nanchang airport before our flight and we are all looking a bit too sweaty for me to be willing to put it up here. From your comments it sounds like many of you have seen photos over at C&M's site anyhow. (Guess I should have checked out their site a bit more thoroughly before I made reference to it here.)

Well, gotta go. I'm in desperate need of sleep. We did not have a good night last night, in spite of the fact that E and A both spent part of the night in our beds. Hmmm, I may need to revise my theory. Oh well, hopefully tonight will be better.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bonjour Chris.
I finally took the time to read all of your news and I feel so emotional right now because it brings back so much memories.
Nanchang was also extremely hot when we went 3 years ago, 42 degrees all week with 100% humidity.
Your girls are gorgeous and I find they look more alike physically compare to your referral pictures.
I understand it's a very tiring trip for you and your wife but it's so much worth it.
In many of your other days comments, I was laughing because I was recognizing some of the feeling I went thru in both of my adoption in China. I guess we are all the same, with our ups and downs and no-one can imagine how tired you get living 2 weeks in a Hotel room with new babies. But what a trip. It's memories that you will never forget.
You mentioned that the girls were falling down when they were sitting. Do not worry, this is quite normal. You cannot compare their development to a child born here in Canada. And I am sure that even now you see a big improvement with their development. In 3 months from now, the difference will be incredible. Just wait and see.
And just by looking at the pictures of them I can see that they are very healthy. And do not worry about their eating habits, when you are back home in Canada, everything will fix itself in a manners of weeks. I am talking from experience here.
Well enjoy your trip in Beijing, take care, and I cannot wait to meet your girls when you come for a visit in the office.
You are both bless and I am sure you fell it when you look at them sleeping in their bed. Ha! Ha! Ha!.
Friendship, Chantal Lajoie.

Anonymous said...

Holy paperwork! You guys must be getting writer's cramp by now! Will this be the last of it? Because it seems to be cutting into your time, time that could be spent doing more important things...like playing with E&A, and shopping!!
PF

Anonymous said...

The girls are really testing you. Just checking to see just how much their mom and dad can take. So far, I think they are rather surprised. Jim and Lety arrived here last night. One more week and you'll be here. Then the fun begins. Enjoy!!! mom.

Anonymous said...

Hi there!

I'm guessing by the time you read this you may have had the medicals in Beijing. What have the scales tilted to? I won't venture to guess though. I'm really not good at that kind of thing. At least from the pics, neither looks skinny but not too chunky either. I think maybe A is bigger? No bets on that one either though.

P.S. Don't forget to squeeze in that Children's department store. It's a great pedestrian mall, very modern, glitzy and yuppy. And even though it's a department store, you can still bargain in the shoe department (Not sure about the other floors but both our nannies insist you can).

Thanks for sharing your journey with us. Can't wait to meet A and E (btw,,,when are you back home?)Also makes me want to go back,,,,

Hugs
MJ