Saturday, July 29, 2006

Time Flies

Wow, as of yesterday it is one month since DoT and I left to go to China. And on Sunday, it will be four weeks since we've had A and E. In some ways I can't believe it has been that long, and in other ways it feels like it's been a lot longer.

Our sleep issues continue, and I wish I could see an end in sight, but right now I don't. Oh, sure, I believe that sooner or later they will sleep through the night. It just seems like a long way away right now. Last night was probably the worst night we've had in a long time. They were up approximately every hour until about 3 a.m., and then they slept until about 7 a.m. So, on the good side, we are getting a few hours of uninterrupted sleep each night. And neither DoT nor I are feeling too bad during the day, surprisingly. The girls seem generally quite happy and content during the days. And neither seems inclined to nap, so I'm thinking they are not too affected by their nighttime wakings.

Yesterday we took them for a walk, but instead of using the double stroller (which E hates after about 10 minutes), we took along the snugglies -- and we put them in them facing forwards. After only a couple of seconds of thinking about it, E started to laugh. Really hard. I haven't heard her laugh like that since the first time my nephew demonstrated armpit farts. She just laughed and laughed and flailed her arms and legs around. Poor DoT had to walk and protect the "family jewels" at the same time. :-) A didn't mind it either -- she wasn't as excited as E, but she put her head back and fell asleep. Unfortunately, I didn't enjoy it quite as much as the girls. Within about 10 minutes, my back was killing me. Looks like I'm going to have to work up to a walk of any distance.


I think I promised more pictures. DoT and I have tried to get pictures of the two of them together, with both of them smiling and both looking at the camera. That's easier said than done. This is about as close as we get. And E has her eyes shut.







Here are a couple of individual shots though, that aren't too bad... (The one on the left is A.)















And finally, here is one of the two of them playing ball together. Okay, so I know they're not really playing together - they're too young for that. But it sure seemed that way since the only thing they did with the ball was whap it, and every time they did it would go to their sibling.

Well, that's it for today. Uncle Preston is coming over for supper, so I better go pick up all the toys strewn throughout the house. Have a great weekend, all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

C&K

I am interested in knowing what E&A seem to like -- other than going for walks facing forward in their snugglies! Do they like each other? Do they like music? Also, from the pictures they seem to be making excellent progress developmentally -- e.g., sitting up on their own and batting a beach ball around.

Even tho you are sleep deprived, you are doing a fabulous job with the parenting business! Keep up the great work!

love aunie 'em

Anonymous said...

How cute!!! I love the pictures! It's nice to see the girls playing together. I can't believe it's been four weeks already. Time sure flies...

Sending you lots and lots of "sleep through the night" vibes!

M of M&C fame

Anonymous said...

You're attempting to get photos together, with both smiling. I have numerous pictures of my twins -- one happy, one sad. I have very few pictures of them individually, so recommend you take pictures of each twin on their own, as well as the pair of them. I'm trying to create scrapbooks for each one now, and have only the two together!!

All four of my children didn't sleep through the night until around 2 years old. They didn't wake up screaming unless they were teething, colicky or sick -- very rarely had bad dreams until around 2 years old. I suspect that they are in some kind of discomfort from ??? or they wouldn't wake up. It could be acclimatizing to air conditioning/dry air, when they are used heat and humidity -- or the drastic change from indoors and outdoors. Little bodies don't adapt to these environmental swings (neither do I).

How do they like being outside? Do they like the grass? My kids didn't want to touch the prickly grass and would cry, until a blanket was put down and they adjusted to the experience.
Wendy